BLANK

Zuku TV launches to provide pay TV services in Uganda

With Uganda already having four subscription TV companies which are providing nationals with a variety of great entertainment and education, nationals are again blessed with the coming of yet another subscription TV company dubbed Zuku TV with over 80 channels on their menu.

Speaking at a media launch in Kampala today, the information minister, Mary Karoro Okurut cautioned the investors over importing in channels which show immoral products to Uganda’s society.

She also encouraged them to attract more investors since the country provides a favorable investment climate.

Karooro also tasked them not to import a huge number of their staff from their country but provide jobs to the local population.

Patrick Bitature, one of the Directors

The CEO of the company, Richard Bell and one of the directors, Patrick Bitature assured Ugandans of best service provision by the company.

Bell says they are provide a better alternative with a decoder set to be sold at 120,000 Uganda shillings to access the service and a monthly fee of  30,000 Uganda shillings.

Currently, old timers Multichoice Uganda are tussling it out with Star Times Digital TV, Smart Television and Mo Television for the increasingly competitive pay TV subscriber market in Uganda.

Zuku TV, coming in from neighbouring Kenya is the fifth pay tv in Uganda.

By Isaac Senabulya

27 Responses to "Zuku TV launches to provide pay TV services in Uganda"

1. Labeja Moses  November 2, 2011 at 12:01 pm

I wud love 2 purchase a zuku decoder but my qn is do u guys av dishes??

• editor  November 2, 2011 at 12:39 pm

please contact Zuku Tv at their website, http://www.zuku.co.ug tel 0312224800

• naluwooza doreen  August 5, 2012 at 7:27 pm

i bought zuku bt unfortunately i lost the account no in the phone as per now i want to pay bt i dont kno what to do. my serial no is 10100013040601

2. kasule Abubaker  November 6, 2011 at 8:05 am

Hi,I paid 25001 Shillings thru.Mobile money on 04/11/2011, my Zuku A/c is 500872,the Transaction is :164059667.How long do you take to reconnect?

3. samuel  November 14, 2011 at 8:35 pm

i would like to buy zuku but do guys broadcast local news in uganda

• editor  November 15, 2011 at 11:15 am

Hello Samuel, kindly refer your inquiry to Zuku TV http://www.zuku.co.ug 0312224800

4. KANGWAMU FREDRICK  November 15, 2011 at 12:59 pm

Hi, I would like to thank you for the wonderful service that you have come up with. However, I would like to express my disappointment with your services.

I bought a Zuku kit from Simba Telecom Mbarara on the 12th day of November 2011 and it was promptly installed that very day. I was informed that it would be activated with in 02 hours time.

I waited for the needful all night long but alas, there was no connection. What was more disgusting is that nobody could even pick my call.What is more annoying is that I had just disconnected my Dstv.

I have since then called customer care to activate my Decoder to no avail. After a lot of disappointment, I had to go back to the same Dstv channels that I had abandoned.

I wonder how long it takes to activate a decoder. I would advise that you style up. I may be one simple custmer, but in the long run you will loose many would be subscribers.

In case you feel like activating my decoder, my pin is 10100012021690, phone no. 0712-816566. Kangwamu Fredrick.

• editor  November 15, 2011 at 6:18 pm

Hello Fredrick.

Can you address your inquiry or concerns on this matter to Zuku TV http://www.zuku.co.ug 0312224800 we are a media company that has no association with ZUKU tv, other than reporting on their activities and listing them in our databases

5. Atwongire Allan  November 29, 2011 at 8:00 am

this is an inquire is it possible for u to change my Gtv set to your Zuku TV?

6. jimmy akena  March 26, 2012 at 11:37 pm

this zuku thing is so disgusting,i bought a set a couplle of weeks a go and was promised to get quality services wuthin hours after instalation.guess what?nothing up to now advice me which way to go

7. ricko  June 26, 2012 at 2:06 pm

You ZUKU guyz we need national geo wild chanal this only chanal give us atrue wild animals isnted of viast nature and we need more sports channals for motor gp super bikes motorally etc. Watz da problem of music channals like magic and Q the picture quality is to bad we can’t lead very well the song names,artst and whole wolds on this chanals

8. mukugize asaph  July 8, 2012 at 2:52 pm

do u have a decoder? if u have how much? thaxs

9. Opoka Richard  July 10, 2012 at 7:52 am

i am a customer base in gulu with the following detail:Pin:5385, Box ID:022120C8002159E5, Smart Card No:N7130 0435 02 2, Serial No: CH10100013039248.
    I subsribed for reconnection on30th June 2012 using mobile money but to date i am not yet connected.
    may i know why.

10. Daniel Gamukama  August 8, 2012 at 1:09 pm

Hi,
    I renewed my account no. 504981 today and my TI is 317593375. My people at home say they cant see pics and yet the decoder has been on throughout. Pliz help.

11. Byarugaba G  August 23, 2012 at 11:01 am

Am disgusted with the services of Simba your agent and the customer care no.which is never picked.
    Do we have to call communication commision to our rescue. I paid on monday in mbra todate am not on.
    Is this the best offer you talk of.
    Give Ugandans what they pay for.
    DSTV has lived longer because they are prompt in
    service delivery.

12. Byarugaba G  August 24, 2012 at 10:15 am

Ipaid on monday 2 days before cut off .
    There after was cut off and never put back.
    Un fortunately all people in Mbarara are in the same category.How do we get connected as the kla phone is never picked.
    Advise as we are stuck.

13. MULAMBUZI SONY  September 16, 2012 at 4:59 pm

Really zuku tv when u came into broad casting,we hoped to be having a better digtal tv services with zuku broad caster but all of a sudden that everything is in a total mess via updating yo custormer when to be disconected, to alert technical faults, proper custormer care in commucation with yo clients, local chanels(WBS,NBS) are still missing, some sports and Movie chanels in ZUKU CLASSIC are still needed as compared to dstv subscribers, a challenge to zuku tv still.When u happen to impliment all these views, u will become a big contender and more clients to flock onto zuku tv broadcasting .Tolls free line is needed by yo clients since it’s still a new server and experiencing challenges with another superior existing contenders in the country.SONY(0772 945785; A/CC no. 508374) basing4mLYANTONDE.

14. ravi mepani  December 12, 2012 at 8:05 pm

my account number 501874
    my friends dont buy zuku tv, zuku is giving fack survice, i paid last week for Asian classic but those people giving me local channel and when i m calling to custmer service those people is not answering properly i m totally tired with zuku, now i m planning to give back set up box free to zuku people

15. Elijah  December 14, 2012 at 4:18 pm

Hi do show local channels and how first can one help in case the decoder fails to work? How much do charge to connected to Zuku? Elijah

16. kripa lohar  December 27, 2012 at 8:30 pm

your service is too poor. even after depositing money you are disconnecting service.i had deposited money on 23-12-12 but upto now not connected

17. mbaniko john  January 9, 2013 at 3:15 pm

i recently bought azuku decorder set ,my time of service has almost expired.my i know where zuku offices are in kampala, so that i can Pay them face to face ,bse most people are claiming to have paid thru mobile money with account numbers which were provided on time of purchase by the suppliers but they have not been conneceted since then

MBANIKO JOHN
    FROM KASESE DISTRICT

18. SERUNJOGI LIVINGSTONE  July 22, 2013 at 4:09 pm

HOW MUCH IS THE CONNECTION FEE AND THE DISH PLUS THE AERIAL? AND WHAT IS THE MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION?PLEASE I NEED THE ANSWER URGENTLY.

YOURS,SERUNJOGI LIVINGSTONE.

19. SEGUJJA FREDRICK  August 8, 2013 at 10:57 am

My account is 507533 i paid yesterday by mobile money 24000. but not yet connected yet your lines are off.

Get back to my connection.

20. Aheebwa Ibrahim  August 30, 2013 at 10:52 am

Dear subscribers for any inquiry on yo zuku tv or dishes please reach me on +256778544306, am here to help as well as i’m an installer too, or reach me on facebook http://www.facebook.com/Ibrahood or my mail Ibrahood@engineer.com.
    I’ll help you in anything please. Thanks.

21. oguu tobius  November 20, 2014 at 8:40 pm

i would like to know if there are special packages that i can pay including my favourites only and how much will i pay for my favourites
    thanks

22. sridhar  December 4, 2014 at 5:55 pm

Dear Sir

Already have your connection with Dish would like to add one or two channels could you please guide me with the kampala local contact details to enable to pay for the required channels

regards