Organisation: Movit Products
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Occupational Health and Safety Manager
Movit Products Limited (MPL) is a leading Quality Cosmetics Manufacturer in Africa with operations in Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Rwanda, Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo and South Sudan. Movit Products Limited manufactures Skin and Hair products.
Job Summary: The Occupational Health and Safety Officer will provide expert knowledge and skills in order to generate and promote a positive health and safety culture and will also be responsible for effectively implementing Occupational Safety and Health practices within the Company.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will ensure that the company observes an appropriate Occupational Health & Safety Environment in line with OSHArequirements.
- Provide professional advice and support to managers and staff in the identification of health risks arising from work activity and issues at work that affect health and wellbeing.
- The incumbent will also ensure that the Movit Health & Safety Policies are adhered to by all staff and non-staff in Movit premises at all times and raise any concerns regarding their operation, or any other Health & Safety matters with the appropriate line manager.
- Identify, plan and implement appropriate interventions and advice on fitness for work as required.
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all occupational Health & Safety legislations and any developments that affect the business.
- Carry out risk assessments and initiate mitigation measures across the business.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidates for the Movit Products Limited (MPL) Occupational Health and Safety Officer jobs should hold Bachelor’s degrees in Safety, Health & Environment Management or related field.
- Possession of a diploma in a Health & Safety related field e.g. NEBOSH is added advantage
- A minimum of three years’ experience in managing Health and Safety in a big Organization
How to Apply:
All interested candidates who meet the above specifications should send a filled application form, download here via E-mail to: email@example.com (Not more than 1.5 MBs)
Deadline: 6th March, 2017 by 5:00 pm