The African Graduate Fellowship is a competitive fellowship program for bright, highly motivated African students interested in pursuing a master’s degree at American University in Cairo (AUC).
Each year, fellowships are offered to nationals of African countries (not including Egyptians) for full-time study in any of the graduate programs offered at AUC.
- African nationals.
- B.A. or B.Sc. degree with grade not less than “Very Good”, an overall GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale, or the equivalent.
- TOEFL with TWE score of at least 550 and 4.5, (580 and 5.0 for ECLT & TEFL) or equivalent.
- Applicants for the MBA have to submit a recent score on the GMAT and have at least two years of relevant work experience.
- Applicants for the Economics program and the Economics in International Development program are required to obtain an acceptable score on the GRE.
- Applicants for the MA in Arabic Studies must submit evidence of proficiency in literary Arabic.
- Fellowships are awarded for two academic years and the intervening summer session.
The fellowship covers:
- A waiver of tuition fees.
- A monthly stipend of LE 735.
- If needed, a monthly housing allowance of LE 935.
No fellowship application form is required to apply to the African Graduate Fellowship.
Applications should be submitted together with all supporting documents by December 15 for fellowships beginning the following September.
For further details, and application materials, contact: African Graduate Fellowship