Welcome to Uganda Multimedia News & Information   Click to listen highlighted text! Welcome to Uganda Multimedia News & Information

Undergraduate Scholarships for Africans to study in UK Britain

University College London (UCL) and the Africa Educational Trust (AET) have agreed to collaborate in a scheme to enable students from Africa, who are financially unable to study in the UK, to pursue full-time undergraduate studies at UCL.

With this scheme UCL supports the aims of AET to help the people of Africa to help themselves.

Under the scheme, two full bursaries are available annually for AET-nominated students who have accepted offers of places at UCL.

Eligibility Requirements:

• Be a national of any African country (including Madagascar), currently living in an African country, and have one or both parents living in an African country, or are orphaned;
  • Be currently attending school or have completed school in an African country;
  • Be liable to pay tuition fees at the rate applicable to Overseas students, as assessed by UCL;
  • Lack the financial means necessary to pursue undergraduate degree studies at UCL.

Selection Criteria:

Scholarships are awarded based on the aims of the scholarship.

Benefits and Duration:

Each bursary will consist of full tuition fees and a maintenance allowance for the duration of the student’s programme of study, as well as economy air travel to/from the UK at the beginning and end of the bursary-holder’s degree programme.

In addition, the bursary includes an allowance (on request and up to a specified maximum sum per bursary holder) to permit two members of the bursary holder’s family to attend their graduation ceremony.

Deadline: 15 March each year

For more scholarship information and application, see: University College London – Africa Educational Trust Undergraduate International Outreach Bursaries Website

12 Responses to "Undergraduate Scholarships for Africans to study in UK Britain"

1. Banduga Moses  November 6, 2010 at 4:09 pm

Hi there i am called Banduga moses from northern Uganda, paticularly West Nile. I did a Diploma in Computer Science from Gulu University and got First class diploma. Now i actually wanted to continue with my education, but now financially im not able. Could you please help . Otherwise Thanks alot and waiting for the reply soon.
    Banduga Moses
    +256774289502

2. STEVE DENG CHIENG  November 11, 2010 at 10:26 am

I am a southern Sudanese refugee leaving in Kenya and have just finished my high school studies this year 2010.I am having a dreams of pursuing my degree course next year but my dream is chattered because i can’t get a scholarship.Please advice me on how to get this scholarship and if i am eligible?
    Thanks,
    dengchieng@yahoo.com

3. Aloyo Annet  November 26, 2010 at 1:35 pm

My name is Aloyo Annet, i have a diploma in Mass communication and journalism I am interested in benefiting from your awards so that i attain a degree Mass communication. I am Acholi, female from Northern Uganda.
    I hope you consider me for next year.
    Annet Aloyo
    +256 784433414

4. Oyewole,Ezekiel Oluwasogo  January 17, 2011 at 9:05 pm

I hold a Higher National Diploma in Electrical Engineering and now wish to further my career in that direction so as to obtain Bachelor Degree, Masters of Science and PhD.Due to financial constraints,I have not being able to do so.Could you please be of help and consider me for the next admission in order to achieve my set goal.I am Oyewole Ezekiel Oluwasogo,a male Nigerian citizen who hail from Oriade Local Government area of Osun State.+2347037374769,qwertlys@yahoo.com

5. ADEOYE, Israel Olusegun  February 11, 2011 at 7:24 pm

A male, Nigerian Citizen from Ifaki. Ekiti State

I am holder of B.sc (Ed) in Physical Education with 2nd class Honours from the University of Ilorin Kwara State, Nigerian, in the year 2003, November, Also with Diploma Certificate in Physical and Health Education and I obtained a certificate in Sports Coaching in Basketball and Tennis from the University of Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria all in year 2000 respectively.

I want to further my education to obtain Master degree in Sports, at University of Stirling (Scotland) to upgrade my knowledge and standard in sports from the developed Country (Europe). The programme commences in September, 2011

look forward to your assistance and award to this effect.
    I shall be glad to hear from you, for your kind and favourable consideration.

6. ADEOYE, Israel Olusegun  February 28, 2011 at 5:08 pm

I await your response to my request for the grant of scholarships for MSc in sports study at University of Stirling as state before. Tel: +2348028329886, E-mail: isreal4sure@yahoo.co.uk
    Thanks.

7. Celi  June 13, 2011 at 5:51 pm

Hi. I am a young swazi girl, recently offered a place to study Bsc(Hons) in actuarial science at a well established UK university. The course commences on 26 September 2011. If anyone wishes to sponsor me, email me on ticktacktoeee@gmail.com.

I would REALLY appreciate it.

8. Abdurohman Endiro  December 30, 2011 at 8:20 am

i need scholarship

9. Thabiso Matlosa  May 8, 2012 at 10:36 pm

I am a Mosotho man living in Lesotho,who completed his high school in 2008.I like to persue my studies but due to finance,I cannot.I did not pass well though but I believe & know I can pass if I’ll get to school.

+26658405865

10. Aman uta wabe  September 7, 2012 at 3:13 pm

Manufacturing technology under graduated

11. Michael Tesfaye  September 12, 2012 at 3:41 pm

My name is Michael Tesfaye Kassa from Ethiopia , holding a bachelor’s degree in public health from Kea- Med Medical University College in Ethiopia. I am interested to continue my studies abroad in Human Medicine (M. D) I will be very happy if you can help me for finding a scholarship to be a physician ( medical doctor ).
    So, it is to kindly request your kindness to help me to get this opportunity. I will highly appreciate your positive consideration!!! Tel.+251910549988
    Yours faithfully Tel.+251910549988
    Michael Tesfaye e-mail: kassamm10@gmail.com

12. KALAKI BRIAN  March 31, 2014 at 4:16 pm

Am Kalaki Brian 20 from uganda.
    i would like to persue an undergraduate degree in law or business management in uk universities. am financially unable to pay tuition. i would like to get a scholarship in any university please. i have BBC11 in history, entreprenuership, divinity , ICT and general paper. thank you
    email. rray498@gmail.com