Welcome to Uganda Multimedia News & Information   Click to listen highlighted text! Welcome to Uganda Multimedia News & Information

The Latin American School of Medical Sciences Scholarships are for undergraduate study in medicine offered by the Cuba government.

Applicants need to be high school graduates, 18 to 25 years old, from disadvantaged backgrounds.

The ability to speak Spanish is not required. Students who do not speak spanish spend upto four months immersed in the language after arriving in Havana.

The Latin American School of Medical Sciences (LASMS) educates a minimum of 500 doctors each year — for free.

The program of The Latin American School of Medical Sciences is based on intensive advising and tutoring designed to help every student succeed.

Students must pass competency exams at appropriate points in their course of study.

The six-year medical school program, begins every September and is divided into 12 semesters.

Students study at the LASMS campus for the first two years, and then go to another of Cuba’s 21 medical schools, which are located throughout the island, to complete their studies.

The Cuban medical training model combines theory and practice and is oriented toward primary care, community medicine and hands-on internships.

In order to register and get a scholarship in the Latin American School of Medical Sciences (Escuela Latinoamericana de Medicina – ELAM) interested candidates must go to the Cuban diplomatic missions in their respective countries and ask for the information.

More details:

11 Responses to "The Latin American School of Medical Sciences Undergraduate Scholarships 2010, Cuba"

1. amulen magdalene  July 3, 2010 at 9:22 pm

i am augandan student aged 21 and interested in the scholarships offered by latin american school of medical sciences but i dont no of the cuban diplomatic missions in my country.i will be glad if contacted

2. Apollo  July 12, 2010 at 1:49 pm

Hello’ I’m a kenyan I saw the advert about the Sholarship by Cuban gorvernment to Study medicine at the Latin American School For Medical science. I made inquiries from Cuban Diplomatic Missions Office in Nairobi but they seemed not aware that this scholarship notice was out. I still went ahead and made my application attaching all my academic transcrips, letter of recomendation statement of purpose and all other relevant documents which I submitted it at the Diplomatic missions office, but they have not contacted me so far. Does it mean I never got the sholarship?

3. THOMAS  July 15, 2010 at 11:46 am

Hello,
    Thank you for the work you are doing, upon seeing your advertisement for Cuban scholarship opportunity, I picked up interest to apply, because I had been admitted to a University in Uganda to study human medicine and surgery but unfortunately could not make it to due to luck of fees, It will be my please if you informed me on how and when I can apply for this Cuban scholarship so as to achieve my vision.
    Thank for the feedback in advance despite your busy schedule.
    Thomas UGANDA

4. mohamed mohamoud  July 24, 2010 at 4:00 am

Dear Sir/madam,
    I am AN Ethiopian origin

I have enrolled for a Bachelors degree in Medicine and Surgery at UNIVERSITY IN UKRAINE academic year 2009/2010, i finished one year.The course takes six years to complete.I can’t afford the tution fee for the university. because of family problems, if you dont help me in this year i have to go back home and forget about medicine at all.
    I therefore, kindly write this request for your kind support in getting for me a full tution scholarship.
    May God bless you all.
    I WAITE YOUR REPLY PLEASE
    mohamed

5. balew  August 8, 2010 at 6:53 pm

I am 23 years old adult from ethiopia ,1 graguated with medical laboratory science from haramaya university in 2008/2009. now i doing in mekelle university college of health science as instructor for medical students. I have seen the announcement on web site when i deeply dig to find scholarship in medicine .please inform me what are the neccesary thing i provide to the Cuban diplomatic missions& when the dead line is.

6. kenneth  August 21, 2010 at 2:28 pm

am kenneth by name from nigeria am 21 looking for scholarship in to medicine please help me am from a poor family thanks here is my number +2348134306723 amd my email adress is rughardy@yahoo.com God bless you as you help me.

7. George  August 23, 2010 at 4:21 pm

I am a male Ugandan citizen living in the Northern part of the country, I married with two children. I have been admitted in one of the universities in Uganda to study Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery. I have financial challenges and I can not start my first semester this coming September. Please rescue me so that I study in order to rehabilitate particularly this part of the Country Which has lagged behind for so long. Thanks, may God bless the works of your hands.
    George. Tel: 0777815469.
    geoharriet@gmail.com

8. KAVUMA DANIEL  September 8, 2010 at 12:49 pm

Iam auganda aged 20 years.Iobtained 20 out of 25poits in 2009 UACE exams offering PCB/M.Iam financially handcup and i would wish to apply for the above scholarships.My contact number is 0702615786.Iam curiosl abiut your response.Thanks

9. Tracy Fritzpatrick  October 5, 2010 at 10:25 pm

I’m grateful for you because of this wonderful information. You genuinely did make my day :

10. Saida ateya  October 11, 2011 at 3:41 pm

Halo,my question is hw can i get the scholarship to study medicine at your university because i am so interested in the course

11. Muhumuza Albert  December 28, 2012 at 9:51 pm

Nice to know that!. I just like medicine so much and would like to do it in Cuba.