AusAID Senior Program Manager (Food Security) in Kenya
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Last Date: July 14, 2010
AusAID (Australian Agency for International Development) advises the Australian Government on international development policy and manages Australia’s overseas aid program. One of AusAID’s core principles is to accelerate progress towards the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). The Australian Government has an ambitious agenda to rapidly increase its development assistance across Africa while also deepening its engagement with key countries to achieve meaningful development impacts.
In order to drive AusAID’s agenda, the organisation is looking to recruit an exceptional and experienced individual to fill the following position, based in Nairobi.
SENIOR PROGRAM MANAGER – FOOD SECURITY
The Senior Program Manager (Food Security) will manage the development and implementation of a new regional food security program. Reporting to the First Secretary (Development) in Nairobi, the key responsibilities will entail the following:
• Manage and report on the implementation of the food security program, provide high level advice and expertise to deliver key developmental outcomes;
• Develop a network of contacts at a senior level and manage effective relationships with partner governments, agricultural research agencies and universities, international organisations, other donors working in the sector and advisers and food security program staff within AusAID;
• Provide factual analysis and reporting to AusAID on food security needs in Africa and other donor responses;
• Develop and implement a public affairs strategy for the food security program, promoting Australian identity across the continent;
• Represent AusAID at regional and pan-African meetings on food security;
• Provide advice to AusAID on the strategic directions of the program and collaborate with the central office in Australia on the development of broader food security policy; and
• Provide input and advice on the design and implementation of other agriculture and food security initiatives in Africa.
Key Qualifications and Experience
• A Masters degree in Agronomy, Agriculture or a relevant field. A PhD in Food Security or related area will be a strong advantage.
• A minimum of 10 years experience, at least 5 of which should have been in senior level management of aid projects/programs.
• Relevant experience in development or project management in organizations such as government, NGOs or regional/international organisations.
• Experience in management of contracts and financial resources.
• Demonstrated knowledge of current issues and development practice relating to food security in Africa.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic context and manage change.
• Excellent written and spoken English, and strong negotiation and presentation skills.
Attractive remuneration packages commensurate with the responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with the right candidate. Please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration, e-mail and telephone contacts, quoting the relevant reference number on both application letter and envelope. To be considered your application must be received by 14th July 2010 addressed to:
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
Deloitte Place, Waiyaki Way
P O Box 40092 00100, Nairobi, KENYA
or by email: email@example.com
Tel: +254 20 423 0000
Fax: +254 20 444 8966