Japanese Scholarships: Annually, the Monbukagakusho Scholarship program, sponsored by the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (Monbukagakusho or MEXT), offers scholarships to outstanding students.
The scholarships cover both undergraduate & postgraduate study.
The scholarship provides:
- One round trip ticket to and from Japan
- A monthly allowance and a limited allowance for domestic travel
- A monthly allowance is 170,000 Yen for the first 12 months, and 160,000 Yen for the remaining period
- Monbukagakusho scholars are also exempted from tuition, entrance examination and entrance fees.
Scholarship Application Eligibility Criteria:
This scholarship is awarded to citizens of countries with a Japanese embassy.
How to Apply:
To apply for Monbukagakusho Scholarship, the following documents must be submitted to the Department’s Foreign Student Office;
– A completed application form.
– An official certificate or attested copy of the certificate for your degrees in undergraduate and post-graduate studies.
-An official academic transcript or an attested copy of the transcript for your undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
– Two confidential letters of recommendation written on the attached official scholarship form. Each letter should be in a sealed envelope with the signature of the recommender over the flap.
– A copy of official certificate of TOEFL score or any other proof of your English proficiency.
For more information and application material, contact: Monbukagakusho Scholarship – Japanese MEXT Masters Scholarships Website