Reporting to the Resident Director, the General Manager (GM) will be responsible for providing leadership and strategic direction in the overall management and growth of the company. The jobholder will be required set up functions and systems to oversee business operations and grow the business. He/she will develop policies and procedures to guide the operation of all units and will oversee their effective management and monitoring. The GM will be required to build the company image by building harmonious relationships and collaborating with the various stakeholders. He /she will develop and nurture business relationships and networks that can be leveraged to achieve business goals.
The ideal candidate should have the following:
Qualifications and Experience required:
- At least a bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, mechanical engineering or related field.
- At least 10 years’ experience in automobile and machinery sales and service including at least 5 years professional experience at management level in a busy environment in a large automotive company.
- Ability to take initiative and work under minimal supervision.
- Good oral and written communication
- Self drive and a high level of creativity and innovation
- Good planning and organisation skills
- Team player with good people management skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Good judgment and decision making skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
How to apply
- If your qualifications and experience match the requirements for this role, please email your application to Executive Selection Division, KPMG at the following email address: email@example.com Please state the title of the position as the subject of your email. All applications should be sent via email.
- Please attach your CV containing your e-mail address, daytime telephone contact, qualifications, achievements, experience, present position and names & addresses of three referees together with a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) summarizing why you consider yourself particularly well suited for the position. Do not attach any other documents at this point.
- Closing date for receipt of applications will be 16 December 2016.
- All applications will be selected on merit and only short listed candidates will be invited for interviews.
For any questions regarding the application process please contact Executive Selection Division,
KPMG on +256 414 347833, +256 414346294 or +256 414 340 315.