Organization: Diageo (UBL)
Duty Station: Kampala and Gulu, Uganda
Reports to: Trade Marketing Manager
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of beverage alcohol brands across spirits, beer and wine. These brands include Johnnie Walker, Crown Royal, J&B, Windsor, Buchanan’s and Bushmills whiskies, Smirnoff, Ciroc and Ketel One vodkas, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness. UBL is a subsidiary of EABL which owns 98.2% of UBL and 100% of IDU. Diageo in turn own 50.03% of EABL. UBL operates within a multi-cultural, multi-national environment.
Job Summary: The Cycle Planning & Activation Manager will contribute towards the research & development of the UBL btl strategy acknowledging both trade and brand objectives and manage the btl budget and evaluate the effectiveness of the spend. The incumbent will co-ordinate the creation, targeting, implementation and evaluation of the UBL national promotion programme while analysing competitor activity strengths and weaknesses and propose corrective action. The jobholder will ensure continuity / alignment between regional promotion plans and brand integrity.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop btl promotional plans and strategies for UBL, working in close liaison with UBL brand team
- Develop and maintain a matrix of national promotional events by month, by brand, by region
- Manage the evaluation of all promotion activity, as agreed
- Generate new innovative promotion mechanics
- Develop sales force presenter materials for each brand and promotion activity
- Attend at least 25 promotional events per month, throughout Uganda, to evaluate promotion effectiveness
- Issue a contact report after each field visit
- Manage the ordering, delivery and distribution of promotion support materials, sales aids and presentation items, in the right place, at the right time, at the right cost.
- Ensure compliance with safety requirements at the work environment.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Cycle Planning & Activation Manager should hold a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- A minimum of seven years’ experience in brand management, trade marketing and marketing support.
- Comprehensive understanding of Uganda beer market
How to Apply:
If you desire to join the world’s leading premium drinks business, Diageo, in the aforementioned capacity, please click web link below.
Deadline: 24th December, 2016