Organization: Nile Vocational Institute (NVI)
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
Reports to: Deputy Director Finance and Administration
Nile Vocational Institute (NVI) was established by African Evangelistic Enterprise – Uganda in 1988 in partnership with Kindernothilfe, a German childcare organization to offer Vocational skills training to the vulnerable youth in the country. This establishment was as an aftermath of the rising number of orphaned children due to the HIV/Aids scourge, and the civil war that the country had undergone. It was recently accredited by National Council forHigher Education.
Job Summary: The Accountant will oversee all the finance matters of the institute to ensure proper financial recording and accountability
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tasked with the requisition and accountability for all funds disbursed.
- Preparation of the Institute’s accounts
- Budget preparation and monitoring of the implementation of the same.
- In charge of monitoring acquisition, distribution, storage and accountability for all institute property
- The jobholder will ensure the maintenance of the update inventory of the Institute’s property among others.
- Preparation and management of payroll.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Commerce or Business Administration from a recognized institution.
- CPA, ACCA or any other relevant professional qualification
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a Tertiary institution.
- Knowledge of accounting procedures and best practices
- The candidate should be able to demonstrate a high degree of integrity, honesty and
- Mature born-again Christians and demonstrate an uncompromised Christian witness and commitment.
- Age: Between 28- 45 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send a cover letter and updated resume including full history of salary and three (3) referees and a recommendation letter from your Pastor either via E-mail to: email@example.com, indicating the position title in the subject line of your e-mail, or hand delivery to:
NVI Njeru Ltd
Plot 89-101 Buikwe Road.
P.O. Box 1829 Jinja, Uganda,
Deadline: 17th February, 2017 by 12:00 Noon