Organisation: African Rural University (ARU)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Accountant
African Rural University (ARU) was founded in 2011 by Uganda Rural Development and Training Programme (URDT). ARU is promoting a life orientation that enables people to create their own desired circumstances, become change agents and rural entrepreneurs. The university introduces all students to technologies for creating and systems thinking techniques that enable all participants have a deep understanding and relevant skills for innovations in rural development. The African Rural University for women provides transformational education to create effective change agents and makers within an African development context.
Job Summary: The Accounts Assistant will be tasked with effective records keeping and management as stipulated in Finance Policy and guidelines
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all fees incomes, expense details, assets and inventory details input into the ARU financial system
- Prepare authorized refund vouchers
- In charge of operating the university operational account and re-banking of returned funds
- Prepare monthly balance sheet schedules for the attention of Accountant
- Generate accountability status reports for attention of the Accountant
- In charge of managing petty cash & /cash out transactions
- Filling records in an accurate and acceptable format
- Prepare and submit weekly transaction status reports for verification
- Tasked with the verification of the monthly inventory
- Ensure that the vision, mission, and philosophy of ARU are embraced as performing the daily duties
Key Performance Indicators:
- Raising and sending out invoices
- Maintaining financial records and spreadsheets
- Processing employee expenses
- Regularly updating staff on financial matters regarding payments
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a Diploma in Accountancy or Diploma in Accounting and Finance or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- At least two years’ working experience in a related field.
- Proficient in the use of electronic accounting software/ systems/databases;
- Competency in information technology and team player.
- A thorough, professional approach to work and being able to manage your own stress
- Proven ability to be discreet, diplomatic, reliable and trustworthy, and priorities tasks
- Able to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Ability to use Accountancy software packages, such as clean touch
- Highly analytical and ability to deal with emerging issues/concerns.
- An applicant should be willing to live and work in Kagadi District.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send their applicationletters, updated CVs together with copies of academic transcripts and testimonials to: The University Secretary, African Rural University, P.O. Box 16253 Kampala, Plot 617, Rubaga Kibuga Block, Right-off Southern gate City Parents Basiima Campus Tel: +256-794150999 Or Main Office Kagadi Campus P.O. Box 24 Tel: +256-793150990/1/2 Kagadi District, Uganda Or E-mail your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 28th February 2017 by 4:00 p.m