Organization: M-KOPA Solar Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Managing Director
M-KOPA Solar is the global leader of “pay-as-you-go” energy for off-grid customers. Since its commercial launch in October 2012, M-KOPA has connected more than 200,000 homes in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda to solar power, and is now adding over 500 new homes each day. The success of M-KOPA (M= mobile, KOPA= to borrow) stems from making solar products affordable to low-income households on a pay-per-use installment plan. Customers acquire solar systems for a small deposit and then purchase daily usage “credits” for US $0.45, or less than the price of traditional kerosene lighting. After one year of payments customers own their solar systems outright and can upgrade to more power.
Job Summary: The Mobile Money Commerce Administrator will lead and facilitate M-KOPA business development agenda, partnerships and interventions with MTN and related customer base by providing operational, administrative and marketing support to M-KOPA business activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain an indispensable Partnership between M-KOPA and MTN by providing support and advise to M-KOPA – MTN money business/ Retail /Customer development in line with M-KOPA business goals
- Coach and train DSRs and other stakeholders on all MTN business activities in line with MTN –MKOPA business relations
- Carry out research on all M-KOPA business segments/partnerships and make recommendations on strategies of improving M-KOPA business
- Respond to customer feedback by developing, implementing and evaluating M-KOPA business training programs that meet the needs of local Customer
- Provide support to marketing, events and promotional activities to ascertain that they are appropriate, innovative, effective and meeting customer demand
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the current performance of The M-KOPA Business; support the implementation of M-KOPA MTN Money activities and respond to all business enquiries in relation to M-KOPA- MTN Money payment solutions.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the M-KOPA Mobile Money Commerce Administrator job placement should hold a university Degree from recognized University.
- At least two years’ experience working in the telecom industry with interaction with mobile money services
- Previous exposure and experience in Marketing and distribution in Telecom industry
- Good understanding of marketing and promotional activities
- Computer literacy and knowledge of personal computers and software packages MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access and Outlook
- Ability to develop and manage strategic and operational partnerships.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required in liaising with people at different levels within the organization, customer and other business stakeholders.
- Adaptable, flexible, proactive & detail oriented
- Good planning and organization skills
- Ability to multi-task, work in teams& under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- A person with high integrity.
- Dynamic self-starter with a personal ambition to succeed
- Provides career development in marketing
- A contract of six (6) months
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applicationsand up-to-date CVs to: email@example.com addressed to with the subject “Mobile Money Commerce Administrator” addressed to:
The Human Resource & Administration Manager,
M-KOPA Uganda Limited,
Lubowa Estate, Plot 1300 -1301 Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 17th February, 2017