Organisation: Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Programme Officer – Monitoring & Evaluation
The Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries established an Agricultural Investment Unit under the Department of Agricultural Investment and Enterprise Development. The major objective of the Unit is to assist in coordinating and promoting agribusiness, with emphasis on value addition and act as an initiative to link and create synergies between MAAIF (Public Policy / Regulation), the Private Sector and Development Partners on issues of promoting agribusiness and value addition.
Job Summary: The Programme Officer – Monitoring & Evaluation will be tasked with designing and implementing monitoring and evaluation activities of the project, in order to promote sustainable agribusiness value addition strategies
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carrying out periodic reviews (at least quarterly) and assessment of identified agribusiness (value addition) enterprises of MAAIF, the Private Sector and Development Partners; and reporting to MAAIF management accordingly.
- Actively participate in joint agriculture sector Monitoring & Evaluation (M & E) exercises.
- Conduct strategic studies on value addition of key commodities.
- Preparing and assessing periodic work plans, objectives, outputs and indicators for the Agricultural Investment Unit.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Senior Programme Officer – M & E.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Programme Officer – Monitoring & Evaluation job opportunity should hold an Honors Bachelors’ Degree in Economics, Statistics, Business Administration, or related field from a recognized University/Institution;
- Possession of a Post Graduate Qualification in Monitoring and Evaluation, from a recognized University/ Institution is an added advantage;
- One year of experience at the level of Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant in Government or at equivalent level in a reputable Institution.
- Adequate knowledge in monitoring and evaluation;
- Strategic Thinking;
- Knowledge generation and management skills;
- Possess good presentation and report writing skills
- Good interpersonal and team work;
- Policy formulation, planning, organizing and coordinating skills;
- Excellent research and analytical skills;
- Highly proactive with the ability to work with minimum supervision;
- Good communication skills (both oral and written);
- Computer literacy and be proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Good project proposal writing skills;
- Good data collection and analysis skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandans are encouraged to send a filled Application Form/ Public Service Form 3 (2008), download here, in triplicate and attach certified copies of academic documents and submit to the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries, P.O. Box 102, Entebbe, Open Registry, Uganda
NB: Applicants subsequently shortlisted for oral interviews and their names displayed on the Ministry website or on the MAAIF Notice Board, shall be required to present certified copies and originals of their academic transcripts and certificates at the time of sitting the oral interviews. Applicants who shall not hear from the Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries, on completion of the selection exercise should consider themselves as unsuccessful.
Deadline: 3rd March 2017