Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Performance & Reporting
Umeme is the largest electricity distribution company in Uganda, with a mandate of operating, maintaining, upgrading and expanding the electricity distribution network, retailing electricity to its customers, improving efficiency within the electricity distribution system. Umeme Limited is listed on the Uganda Securities Exchange and cross-listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange since 2012. Umeme has over 620,000 customers of which 20% are onpre-paid metering, a staff complement of 1,400 employees and has over the last 9 years invested US$ 271 m in the electricity distribution system.
Job Summary: The Business & Reporting Analyst will provide business analysis, strategic planning, and performance analysis for the business; track, monitor and report on the overall corporate performance in an accurate, timely, relevant, consistent and informative manner for decision making.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform statistical and root cause analysis of data from different sources to identify gaps and propose resolution means.
- Compile financial and non-financial information to external stakeholders including the regulatory entities, investors, lenders, Uganda Bureau of Statistics, Bank of Uganda, etc. as required by law, licenses and/or contracts
- The jobholder will develop financial models to support analysis of a variety of financial and operating activities
- Carry out research and benchmarks of the Company’s financial and operational performance against industry and peer Companies
- Ensure consistency in the data and metrics to be reported on.
- Respond to ad-hoc requests for reports and information
- Support in the development, coordination of the Annual Report and Annual Operating Plan
- Support in compilation of the company KPI performance score card
- Ensure timely and accurate compilation of periodic reports to relevant stakeholders.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree in statistics, mathematics, economics, or computer science
- The jobholder should have completed level 2 of either CPA Uganda / ACCA
- At least two years’ experience in a similar role
- Previous experience in financial modelling, data analysis and reporting to management
- Knowledge of databases, data extraction and statistical analysis tools is an added advantage
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to fill out the online form at the link below.
Deadline: 20th February, 2017 by 17:00 hrs.