Organisation: Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Data Management Supervisor
Rakai Health Sciences Program is a collaborative Bio-medical research and service delivery organization. It strives to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community based research, curative services and prevention strategies in the District of Rakai, South Western Uganda. It is based at the Uganda Virus Research Institute – Entebbe and Kalisizo in Rakai District.
The Program, in collaboration with the AIDS Control program (ACP) of the Ministry of Health, has been funded to conduct the “Evaluation of the Impact of the National Program for Prevention of Mother-to-Child Transmission of HIV (PMTCT) in Uganda” study in 206 health facilities (HC IIIs, IIs, IVs) in districts.
Job Summary: The Data Management Officer will be tasked with carrying out routine server based data management and reporting activities (data quality and completeness checks, routine and timely database updates, generate inconsistency and study progress reports for the attention of the study management team and Team supervisors, etc..). The incumbent will also provide technical assistance for mobile data collection on android phones. Data management and reporting applications have been designed by a contracted firm (Mobenzi).
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in IT, Statistics or BSc. Quantitative Economics (Hons).
- Applicant should have obtained at least a principle pass grade “D” in Mathematics at A’ Level.
- Previous exposure and experience in data management using SQL-SERVER, Fox Pro or Ms Access.
- Prior experience in field data collection methods.
- Analysis using STATA, SPSS or R will be an added advantage.
- Pleasant, social, flexible, with good interpersonal skills and a spirit of team building/work
- Highly self-motivated, able to work under minimum supervision and well organized
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability and willingness to work for extended hours
- Fluent in English.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send their applicationletter, valid academic documents and detailed resume (CV) with three recognizable referees to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Rakai Health Sciences Program,
P.O. Box 279, Kalisizo, Rakai, Uganda
Send by E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 24th February 2017