Organisation: Healthy Entrepreneurs (HE)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Healthy Entrepreneurs (HE) is a social business based in The Netherlands, with activities in the Great Lake Area of Sub Saharan Africa and in the DRC, Uganda Tanzania and Ghana. HE is specialised in the implementation of distribution models of reliable products and information that enhance health and the quality of life for people in low and middle-income countries. HE aims to contribute to solve social issues by developing and implementing sound commercial business models. HE is at the start of the implementation phase of its franchise operations in Uganda. To do so, it needs external expertise to prepare and implement a wide range of developing, managerial and administrative activities and tasks. This implementation process needs to be aligned with the partners of HE and the local stakeholders, national guidelines, and local requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Company set-up and development
- Being part of and creating a social starting enterprise;
- Need to be willing and built on a close, collaborative working relationship with the Procurement and Supply Chain Manager, Finance Manager and Country Manager;
- Setting the prerequisites to ensure implementation of the full HE social franchise;
- Ensuring the implementation of the HE franchise model following directives of HE HQ;
Capacity and Relationship building and market development:
- Set-up and maintain external relations and partnerships, with the aim to make implementation and potential growth of the network of entrepreneurs possible;
- Organizing and chairing meetings and training with (aspirant) entrepreneurs, (local) government and (inter-)national partners;
- Set-up, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of franchise model;
- Ensure that the objective of at least 900 micro entrepreneurs operating in Uganda is reached;
- Build and maintain positive business relationships with the entrepreneurs in relation to training and monthly follow up;
Planning and Reporting:
- Identifying directions, objectives and the means to set up analysis and evaluation of various components of the market, supported by HQ;
- Keep track and control all daily activities following the technical project management tools such as plans, schedules, and responsibility and compliance matrixes.
- Review operational performance with customers against targets, benchmarks and service agreements, and generate improvement plans for the entrepreneur to increase their outcomes;
- Coordinating and controlling with the team, activities and implementation needed to make sure that the operations of HE are implemented;
- Writing monthly reports on the progress of field’s activities and making appropriate recommendations;
- Design and write SOPs, Work Packages and field reports;
HR and Financial Management:
- Support the development of training materials and technical manuals;
- Provide assistance and support to the capacity building team;
- Manage and register cash flow in relation to operations and capacity building under supervision of the Country Manager and Coordinator;
- Manage and keep all office expenses in the ERP. Keep a transparent way of administration, that is constant up to date. Until the scale forces to hire a financial officer.
- Management and deployment of management tools that are used by Healthy Entrepreneurs
- Participate and report in operational meetings on international level with other HE staff member from multiple countries.
- Conduct ad hoc activities that are related to the implementation when needed.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Operations Manager must hold a Bachelor’s degree in business administration or social sciences or extensive experience in the field in a similar position (min 3 years);
- Very good English language skills, ability to communicate in one or more local languages a plus;
- Excellent report writing skills and able to analyse and report market data;
- Extensive experience with different methodologies of capacity building and human resource management.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize competing demands;
- Have team spirit; able to work with a wide range of people at different levels
- Have the ability to communicate in a constructive and honest matter;
- Be precise;
- Be available, honest, serious, and enjoys the confidence of others;
- Must demonstrate considerable autonomy;
- Highly flexible and adaptable;
- Must be creative and cunning;
- Must be an experienced manager;
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and evening or weekend shifts, when needed.
- Must be able to identify knowledge and skills gaps and give guidance towards the team according to need.
NB: The job is a consultancy position for the first period of the contract, after the consultancy period the contract will – depending on the performance – to a fixed contract.
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to send an application, updated CV and short motivation letter to email@example.com and / or firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 20th February 2017