Organization: Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Research Manager
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a research and policy non-profit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor. In recent decades, trillions of dollars have been spent on programs designed to reduce global poverty, but clear evidence on which programs succeed is rare, and when evidence does exist, decision-makers often do not know about it. IPA exists to bring together leading researchers and these decision-makers to ensure that the evidence we create leads to tangible impact on the world. Since its founding in 2002, IPA has worked with over 400 leading academics to conduct over 600 evaluations in 51 countries. This research has informed hundreds of successful programs that now impact millions of individuals worldwide.
Job Summary: The Research Associate (RA) will take a lead role in designing survey instruments, conducting qualitative and pilot exercises to inform study and/or questionnaire design, managing survey teams, ensuring data collection protocols are adhered to, ensuring data collected is of highest quality, delivering clean databases, assisting in preliminary analysis, assisting in the writing of project reports and policy memos, and managing communication and relationship with stakeholders (researchers, implementing partners, donors, etc…). The position requires excellent interpersonal and organization skills. It also requires proficiency with Stata software package.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) Research Associate job vacancy must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Statistics, Public Health, Social Sciences, Public Policy or related field. Master’s degree in economics, statistics, public policy, public health, social sciences, or related field is desired
- At least one year of research project experience at a field research management or analyst position;
- The Research Associate should be highly motivated and qualified with outstanding research project management, data analysis, people management and communication skills as Research Associates, to lead one of IPA Uganda’s upcoming studies.
- Proficiency with Stata and Microsoft Office tools is necessary, particularly Word and Excel;
- Excellent written communication skills;
- Excellent command of English, both spoken and written;
- Demonstrated commitment to IPA’s high standards of data quality;
- Excellent management and organizational skills;
- Proven ability to coordinate work effectively over email and phone
- Flexible, self-motivating and team player;
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with stakeholders (principal investigators, partner organizations);
- Previous experience with ODK/Survey CTO programming language;
- Knowledge of another data analysis or software is a plus;
- Familiarity with randomized controlled trials is a strong plus;
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should follow the following instructions;
- Please send an updated CV (3 pages max, including three professional references) and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete the on-line assessment available at the following link: Click Here
NB: Applications will be processed on a rolling basis. Please apply early!
Deadline: Monday 20th, 2017 by 2:00pm EAT.