Job Title: Project Manager WASH
Organization: Samaritan’s Purse
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Area Coordinator
Samaritan’s Purse is an international Christian relief and development organization meeting the critical needs of victims of war, poverty, natural disaster, famine and disease with the aim of sharing God’s love. It was founded in the United States (US).
Job Summary: The Project Manager will be responsible for overall coordination and management – both programmatic and financial – of the Yumbe Restore Project across the operation area. H/She will guide, train, direct and support project staff in implementing project activities while also providing monitoring and evaluation tools to assess progress against agreed objectives. The Project Manager is ultimately responsible for ensuring timely, orderly and effective programming to beneficiaries and for ensuring timely and accurate data collection, recording and financial management according to provided guidelines. H/She will be responsible for regular project reporting to the Area Coordinator, and must ensure effective coordination of project activities with the relevant District Local Government Departments.
H/She should be knowledgeable on water facilities for semi-arid areas like Yumbe and approaches like PHAST and CLTS. A successful candidate should be well conversant with the Ministry of Water and Environment policy guidelines for Water and Sanitation sub sector players and District Implementation Manual (DIM). H/She will be based in the fields’ operation area under the Yumbe field office but should be willing to travel extensively and spend some nights in the field. All applicants must be strong Christians and agree with and uphold the values and objectives of the organization to be considered for these positions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Management & Administration:
- Direct line management of water technician and public health educators in the districts of operation, including performance review, ongoing direction, support, encouragement and correction.
- Update HR records for all project staff in the districts of operation, sending monthly reports to Area coordinator for attendance, leave and contractual changes as they arise.
- Ensure effective budget management and administration of project finances, including adherence to SP financial management guidelines.
- Act as official SP representative to stakeholders for all matters concerning WASH in districts of operation.
- Formulate a clear strategy and direction for the Project in the districts of operation in collaboration with the Area Coordinator and WASH specialist
- Coordinate effective implementation of safety in project activities.
- Ensure all project activities are conducted in accordance with agreed work-plan and project proposal.
- Submit monthly and quarterly reports to the Area Coordinator including activity summary, progress against objectives, beneficiary caseload data, achievements to date, issues faced and project impact stories.
- Ensure coordination of all activities at District-level with relevant Local Government departments, NGOs and CBOs, and community stakeholders, and maintain constant coordination in strategic project implementation.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Area Coordinator
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Samaritan’s Purse Project Manager WASH job placement should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil engineering or Environmental engineering or Water engineering and/or any other related field
- Three years of experience in the Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) sector.
- The incumbent must be dynamic, personable
- Good team player
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an updated CV (not more than 3 pages), covering letter and relevant documentation via email to HR: firstname.lastname@example.org or hand deliver to any of the Samaritan’s Purse offices close to your locations
Deadline: 9th November 2018 by 5:00pm