Job Title: Senior Concession Monitoring Engineer
Organization: Rural Electrification Agency (REA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Principal Service Territory Monitoring Engineer
Rural Electrification Agency (REA) is the secretariat of the Rural Electrification Board (REB) established by statutory instrument 2001 No. 75. REA is mandated to implement Government’s rural electrification programs. The Government of Uganda through REA is implementing a number of electricity connection projects with financial support from development partners to meet national electricity access targets.
Job Summary: The Senior Concession Monitoring Engineer will maximize prudent utility operations within the Service Territories.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and manage periodic monitoring activities for all service territories.
- Support and coordinate network expansion activities in the service territories.
- Plan and coordinate capacity building activities of technical personnel in the Service Territories.
- Work with Service Providers and the REA GIS unit to ensure an up-to-date National Rural Electrification projects database and a GIS database.
- Ensure compliant of the Service Providers with the provisions in the Lease Agreements and Licenses.
- Ensure proper commissioning and handover of completed distribution networks to the Service Providers.
- Generate performance targets for the Service Providers
- Represent REA in meetings convened by electricity stakeholders
- Any other assignments as may be assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Senior Concession Monitoring Engineer job must hold a good Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or its equivalent.
- Extensive knowledge of Planning, design, procurement and implementation of Electricity power systems projects.
- Seven years working experience five of which are in operation of electricity distribution networks.
- Ability to deal delicate and multi-cultural communities and environments and build effective relationships with various communities.
- Demonstrable skills in monitoring of environmental and social safeguard will be an added advantage.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal relations
- Good negotiation skills
- Ready to travel upcountry.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications including detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant academic documents together with names of three professional referees (and their email / day time telephone contacts) to:
The Executive Director, Rural Electrification Agency, Plot 10 Windsor Loop, Kololo 2nd Floor, House of Hope P.O. Box 7317 Kampala – Uganda.
Deadline: 9th November 2018