Job Title: Umeme Internship Program 2019 (50 Placements)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Umeme is a public company cross listed on both the Uganda Securities Exchange and the Nairobi Securities Exchange with over 6,483 shareholders, including high value international institutional investors. Umeme operates under a concession with a structural monopoly in the distribution of electricity across Uganda, distributing 99% of electricity in Uganda through a single buyer model.
About Umeme Internship Program 2019:
The programme offers a wide range of opportunities for Undergraduate students to gain insight and appreciation of Umeme’s operations while linking academic theory to the realities at work. The Purpose of the Programme is to;
- Provide a framework by which continuing students from diverse academic backgrounds may be assigned to the different departments where their educational experience can be enhanced through practical and hands-on-training in a real work setting.
- Expose students and deepen their knowledge and understanding of Umeme’s operations and values
- Expose students to the various professional disciplines and culture within their areas of specialization
Job Summary: The Program has a generous number of 50 placements for eligible students wishing to join the intake this year.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Internship program is only for continuing Undergraduate students.
- All applicants MUST have a letter of recommendation from their respective university
- Internship placements are available in all Departments
- Only applicants through the online system shall be considered after assessment.
- Successful candidates will be contacted via email
- Please note that canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below;