Apply by July 31st 2010
For over 46 years and in 145 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 93 projects in 40 countries and revenues of $124 million.
Deputy Chief of Party/Operations Manager, Uganda
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party/Operations Manager for its USAID Title II PL 480 Food Security Program in Uganda. ACDI/VOCA is implementing a USAID Title II Multi-Year Assistance Program (MYAP) in the post-conflict areas of northern Uganda that targets resettled internally displaced persons (IDPs). The project has two components: (1) reduction of food insecurity for vulnerable populations through a smallholder agriculture objective; and (2) food distribution for 42,000 people living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA) and their families. The position will be based in Kampala with extensive travel to northern Uganda.
- Liaise with governmental agencies and USAID offices in Uganda and Washington, DC. Communicate regularly and share program information with other USAID project managers, bilateral donors, UN organizations and other indigenous and international NGOs to ensure visibility of ACDI/VOCA activities.
- Represent ACDI/VOCA at meetings, workshops, and other events.
- Ensure compliance among key staff with all corporate and local ACDI/VOCA policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the development of reports for the donor, the host country and/or ACDI/VOCA.
- In coordination with the COP, oversee budgets to ensure all expenditures are in compliance with ACDI/VOCA and donor policies and regulations as well as within the scope of the program budget.
- Monitor budget, fund disbursal and financial records to ensure that project expenditures are in compliance with ACDI/VOCA and USAID policies and regulations.
- Ensure timely cash flow analyses and projections to be provided to the donor as necessary and for internal management purposes.
- Review and oversee financial management and administrative procedures and recommend and oversee implementation of changes/improvements in procedures.
- Supervise program administrative, human resources and financial staff. Manage and evaluate staff as necessary to ensure program success. Oversee staff capacity-building.
- Contribute to the identification of new business opportunities for ACDI/VOCA that further ACDI/VOCA objectives and complement other ACDI/VOCA projects and programs.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience with an international development organization, bilateral or multilateral development institution in a management capacity
- At least five years’ experience in project financial management including the management of multiple funding pipelines
- Master’s degree or relevant university degree required.
- Knowledge about USAID rules and regulations with a demonstrated capacity to manage grants and ensure compliance with regulations
- Experience supervising and leading teams and monitoring staff performance
- Experience working in Africa
- Fluency in English
- Strong computer skills, must be confident in Microsoft applications, particularly MS Word and Excel; database experience preferred; experience in Quickbooks preferred.
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/internationaljobs. No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. EOE