Apply by July 31st 2010
For over 46 years and in 145 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 93 projects in 40 countries and revenues of $124 million.
Development Projects Manager, Uganda
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Development Projects Manager for its USAID Title II PL 480 Food Security Program in Uganda. ACDI/VOCA is implementing a USAID Title II Multi-Year Assistance Program (MYAP) in the post-conflict areas of northern Uganda that targets resettled internally displaced persons (IDPs). The project has two components: (1) reduction of food insecurity for vulnerable populations through a smallholder agriculture objective; and (2) food distribution for 42,000 people living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA) and their families. The position will be based in Kampala with extensive travel to northern Uganda.
- Supervise the Grants Development Unit and manage its activities, including disbursements of grants, provision of technical assistance to the grantees and M&E activities.
- Coordinate with the Commodity Operations Manager on entrance and exit criteria for supplementary feeding beneficiaries and their integration into agricultural or income-generating activities.
- Manage the grants process from solicitation, proposal preparation, review and vetting through the awarding of a grant.
- Ensure that gender issues are incorporated into interventions to maximize equity wherever possible.
- Ensure environmental compliance on all food security interventions, particularly assessment of mitigation and risk factors on road projects and use of agrochemicals by grantees.
- Review and approve annual implementation plans, quarterly work plans and budgets. Monitor all financial aspects of grants and ensure that grantees comply with USAID regulations and that reporting is timely and accurate.
- Supervise the M&E Manager and oversee implementation of the M&E plans.
- In collaboration with ACDI/VOCA headquarters, prepare reports required by USAID and ACDI/VOCA and ensure compliance with regulations.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience with an international development organization or bilateral or multilateral development institution in a management capacity
- Master’s degree or relevant university degree required
- Familiarity with USAID rules and regulations and a demonstrated capacity to manage grants and ensure compliance with regulations
- Experience supervising and leading teams and monitoring staff performance
- Previous experience designing and implementing monitoring and evaluation plans
- Ability to conduct gender analysis and assess the impact of interventions on men and women
- Excellent communications and coordination skills and cultural sensibility
- Experience working in Africa
- Fluency in English
- Strong computer skills, particularly MS Word and Excel; experience with databases preferred.
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/internationaljobs. No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. EOE