The National Department of Social Development is offering scholarships to the needy and deserving students of South Africa.
Applications are invited from students who are pursuing or interested in enrolling for a Social Work qualification.
As part of the recruitment and retention strategy and initiative to address critical and scarce skills in the sector, the National Department of Social Development is hereby making a scholarship available in the field of Social Work.
Applications are open to current Social Work students as well as prospective students who would like to enroll for a Social Work Degree for the academic year.
Students who are currently holders of a National Department of Social Development Scholarship do not have to apply.
The Scholarship will cover Registration, Tuition, Prescribed books, stipend for practical’s and official accommodation provided by the University.
The applicant must:
- Any South African citizen, who at the time of application, is in Grade 12 or has successfully passed Grade 12 examination with tertiary entrance requirements.
- Any South African citizen who is pursuing a Social Work qualification at an accredited South African tertiary institution.
- New applicants must comply with the entry requirements set by the University and provide proof of admission by the University or a proof of payment for admission.
- Fully and correctly complete the scholarship application form which is obtainable from the Social Work faculty at the University or from the Provincial Departments of Social Development
- Attach the following documentation such as a CV, certified copies of grade 12 results, Academic Record, your Identity Document, your parents or legal guardian identity document and their proof of income.
- Be prepared to enter into an agreement for counter service with the Department of Social Development
Selection shall be based primarily on academic performance and financial viability.
Deadline: 30th October.
For more information and application, visit: Social Work Scholarship Website