Each year, Bat Conservation International Scholarships support graduate students in conducting conservation-relevant research.
Lack of knowledge about bat ecology and behaviour is one of the greatest impediments to bat conservation progress.
The goal of this program is to support exceptionally talented students in research initiatives that will contribute new knowledge essential to conserving bats and the ecosystems they serve.
Individual awards is $5000.
It is hoped that these funds will open opportunities for matching grants from other conservation organizations, government agencies, and private foundations, and that BCI’s support will grow in future years.
All BCI scholarship recipients must be conducting research that specifically addresses at least one of our specified areas of need by:
- Answering ecological or behavioural questions essential to conservation or management;
- Resolving an economic problem which will further conservation tolerance;
- Documenting key ecological or economic roles of bats; or educating people who are directly relevant to conservation success.
Scholarship Application Eligibility Criteria:
- Students enrolled in any college or university worldwide are eligible to apply.
- Students who have applied in previous years to BCI’s Student Scholarship Program are eligible to reapply each subsequent year, whether they received a previous BCI grant or not.
- The Proposal, Budget, and student Curriculum Vitae should be included with the Application.
- All materials must be in English.
- Applications will not be accepted via mail.
- Only online and electronic applications will be accepted.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit all materials well in advance.
Deadline: 15 December.
For more information and application, visit: Bat Conservation International Scholarships Website