The Commonwealth Broadcasting Association (CBA) is offering three bursaries to full-time staff of CBA’s member organisations (Full Members and Affiliates) from developing countries in the Commonwealth for post-graduate courses at City University, University of East Anglia and the University of Westminster.
The MA Bursaries offered are in broadcast related subjects.
London City University
- The International Journalism MA
University of East Anglia
- MA in Media and International Development
University of Westminster
- MA Media Management
- MA International Media Business
- MA Journalism Broadcast (International)
- MA Journalism Online (International)
The scholarship is tenable for one year.
These bursaries are part sponsored by the FCO UK Chevening Programme Westminster, East Anglia, City Universities, International Students House, Good enough College and the Commonwealth Broadcasting Association.
The bursaries cover fees and accommodation and give an allowance for food etc.
Please note that airfares of selected bursars will have to be paid by the bursars’ organisations or the bursar and a guarantee to this effect must be given.
Applicants must completely fill in the relevant application forms and also provide the evidence of documents needed for the application including references.
Applicants must clearly indicate which course and University they are interested in.
Incomplete forms will not be accepted.
Please ensure that you have included the following:
- Completed application form for the University and course indicated.
- Completed CBA- Chevening Application form.
- 4 x passport Pictures for each application.
- 4 copies of each application.
- Include 2 x References with each application.
- Separate Written letter of agreement for a return airfare to be provided by organisation or individual.
- Supporting evidence of experience.
- Copies of Qualifications/ certificates.
- Forms must be downloaded from the CBA site only.
- All forms must be sent to the CBA office (address above) NOT to the Universities.
- Applicants can make three separate applications to each University; each application must included 1-5 above.
- If you do not have a IELTS certificate, then your application & evidence must demonstrate a very good standard of English.
- Please read Chevening criteria carefully before making your application.
Closing Date for receiving applications: 23rd January
For queries please email Jasmine Dhariwal: jas [at] cba.org.uk. Please post completed applications with relevant supporting evidence to:
CBA- Chevening Scholarships,
17 Fleet Street,
London, EC4Y 1AA
Airfares of selected bursars are to be paid by the bursars’ organisations and a guarantee to this effect must be given.
The bursaries are part sponsored by the Chevening Programme of the UK’s Foreign and Commonwealth Office, Westminster and City Universities, International Students House, Goodenough College, and the Commonwealth Broadcasting Association.
For queries E-mail: bursary[at]cba.org.uk
For further details, and application materials, contact: Commonwealth Broadcasting Association (CBA) MA Bursaries