If there is no special note in bilateral agreements; Turkish Government offers scholarships for Unrgraduate and Graduate (Master/PhD) studies, as well as for Research and Turkish Language Summer Courses.
Scholarship notifications are announced through diplomatic channels.
Candidates should apply to the authorized bodies of their own countries or to the Turkish Embassies/Consulates in their respective countries.
Candidate is selected by the related country or Republic of Turkey by the foreign representatives.
Commission also selects one reserve candidate for a quota of five, two reserve candidates for a quota of six or more.
Eligibility Criteria for Scholarships:
- Applicants should not be a citizen of the Republic of Turkey or hold a dual nationality (Turkish and any other country’s nationality).
- Undergraduate candidates should have a “good” level of a high school graduation degree. The high school which was graduated from should be equivalent to the high schools in Turkey.
- Candidates should not have suspended education more than 2 years after graduation and not be older than 25 years on the date of application.
- Candidates for graduate studies (Master/PhD) should be a graduate of a 4-year university and not be older than 40 years on the date of application.
- Research candidates should be a graduate of a 4-year university and have a good level of Turkish, English or French.
- Candidates for the Turkish Language Summer Courses should be a university student or a graduate student.
- Candidates should not be infected with a contagious disease (HIV, Hepatitis-C and etc) or should not have a disease preventing his/her education in Turkey.
Application deadline: 30th June.
For more information and scholarship application see; Turkish Government Scholarships