Students from a developing country in the Commonwealth who meet the entrance requirements for postgraduate study at the respective institutions are eligible to apply for Commonwealth Scholarships in South Africa.
Each institution (listed below) has its own application and selection procedure and it is imperative for interested applicants to contact the institutions directly for more information.
The following institutions are offering scholarships under the auspices of the Commonwealth Scholarship & Fellowship Scheme:
- Rhodes University (www.ru.ac.za) Masters degree study in any field of study – Humanities, Science, Commerce, Education, Pharmacy & Law Applicants should submit a full CV and Academic record (verified) to pgfinaid-admin[at]ru.ac.za by 15 October. Please contact John Gillam at telephone number +27 46 6038179 or email j.p.gillam[at]ru.ac.z for any enquiries and further information.
- University of Johannesburg (www.uj.ac.za) 2 PhD Fellowships & 1 Postdoctoral Fellowship Please contact Ms Nandarani Maistry at the University of Johannesburg on telephone number +27 11 559 6383 or email nmaistry[at]uj.ac.za for information on the application process and closing date.
- University of Pretoria (www.up.ac.za) 2 PhD Scholarships & 1 Postdoctoral Scholarship.Click here for full details on the PhD Scholarships and Click here for full details on the Postdoctoral Scholarship. Please note that the application deadline is 14 January.
- Tshwane University of Technology (www.tut.ac.za): Contact Dilla Wright at telephone number +27 12 382 5154 or email wrightd[at]tut.ac.za.
- University of Cape Town (www.uct.ac.za) Postgraduate studies
- University of KwaZulu Natal (www.ukzn.ac.za) Postgraduate studies.
For further details, and application materials, contact: Commonwealth Scholarships in South Africa