Ashoka through its Changemakers programme has launched a call for proposals for he Next Generation of Ideas for Maternal Health.
Strong mothers enable children, families, communities and economies to grow and thrive. And we have the power to end preventable maternal death and disability in our lifetime. Ashoka and the Maternal Health Task Force are partnering to transform the maternal health field.
Criteria and Prizes: The competition is open to all types of organizations (citizen sector or charitable organizations, private companies, or public entities) from all countries. We consider all entries that:
- Reflect the theme of the competition: “Healthy Mothers, Strong World: The Next Generation of New Ideas for Maternal Health.”
- Demonstrate system-changing and paradigm-shifting solutions that improve maternal health, especially in resource-poor settings.
- Indicate growth beyond the stage of idea, concept, or research. At a minimum, entries should be at the demonstration stage and indicate success. While we support new ideas at every stage and encourage their entry, the judges are only able to evaluate programs that are beyond the conceptual stage, and have demonstrated a proof of impact, even at small scale.
- Are submitted in English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, or Arabic.
Ashoka and the Maternal Health Task Force will select 16 individual Young Champions of Maternal Health. Based on their winning submissions, these Young Champions will receive the unique opportunity to work abroad for nine-months on a maternal health project, mentored by an Ashoka Fellow innovating in the field of maternal health. In addition to this professional development opportunity, Young Champions will have access to maternal health experts through the Maternal Health Task Force and resources to further develop their ideas and projects. All Young Champions will receive a monthly stipend and 100% financial support for travel, accommodation, insurance, and visa costs. Ideas and projects emerging from the Young Champions Program will be publicized widely.
Preventing Violence Against Women
Campus of Excellence and Ashoka’s Changemakers believe we have the power to raise awareness about gender-based violence and take actions to prevent it. The fight against discrimination has made significant gains worldwide, but injustice remains accepted as the cultural norm in many societies. We need your help to identify new approaches that will eliminate sexual, physical, and emotional abuse against women.
Criteria and Prizes: This global online challenge is open to all types of organizations (social organizations, private companies, and public entities) worldwide. We will consider all entries that:
- Reflect the theme of the challenge:“Preventing Violence Against Women” Entries must include systemic change solutions that help to prevent sexual, physical, psychological, and emotional abuse of women, and promote the creation of awareness in order to prevent gender-based violence.
- Are either at idea stage or undergoing the implementation stage.
- Have submitted a complete entry form before the deadline.
- Are submitted in English, Spanish, French or Portuguese.
You can win USD $5000 to advance your project, and the opportunity to attend the Campus of Excellence event in Spain. The two runners up will also receive invitations to the event.