The University Twente Grants Scholarship (UTS) is a scholarship for excellent students from both EU/EEA as well as non-EU/EEA countries, applying for a graduate programme (MSc) at the University of Twente.
Master scholarships are offered in the following subject areas.
- Applied Mathematics
- Applied Physics
- Biomedical Engineering
- Business Administration
- Business Information Technology
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering and Management
- Communication Studies
- Computer Science
- Construction Management and Engineering
- Educational Science and Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Embedded Systems
- European Studies
- Health Sciences
- Human Media Interaction
- Industrial Design Engineering
- Industrial Engineering and Management
- Environmental and Energy Management
- Mechanical Engineering
- Philosophy of Science, Technology and Society
- Public Administration
- Science Education and Communication
- Sustainable Energy Technology
- Systems and Control
Masters Scholarship Value
€ 6,000 – € 25,000 for one year (approximately 30 scholarships available).
Master Scholarship Application Requirements
In order to be eligible for a UTS scholarship, you should meet all the requirements below.
- Your programme starts in September 2014;
- For this application round, you have been (provisionally) admitted to one of the above mentioned UT graduate programmes between 15 December and 15 March;
- You have to include a motivation letter in your application (250 – 500 words), this motivation letter explains):
1. What you have studied in the past;
2.What goal you want to reach through your study at UT;
3. How you plan to receive this goal;
4. Why you particularly choose to study at the University of Twente;
- You comply with the conditions for obtaining an entry visa in the Netherlands (if applicable);
- You comply with the general English language test requirement Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and an additional 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the subscore of speaking skills
- You are not eligible for a Dutch study grant;
- You have completed a pre-master at the University of Twente (if applicable);
- While doing your pre-master programme at the University of Twente, you may already apply for a UTS. However, you must complete your pre-master programme with a CGPA of 7.5 (out of 10) to be eligible for a UTS and comply with above mentioned requirements.
Scholarship application deadline: 30th March.
For more details, application requirements and contacts, see – University Twente Scholarships