Apply August 02 2010
FINCA International, one of the world’s leading MFI, provides financial services to more than 700,000 clients through 21 wholly-owned and operated subsidiaries in Africa, Eurasia, Latin America and the Greater Middle East.
FINCA International is currently looking for a Regional Operations Coordinator (ROC) at its Africa hub, based in Kampala. The ROC for Africa will work at the hub office and within affiliates to ensure efficient and high-quality financial services to all clientele in a profitable manner. The ROC will report directly to the Vice President and Regional Director for Africa and will assist in the development and execution of regional strategic initiatives in financial service delivery. The position requires constant awareness of the needs of the affiliates in order to develop and improve operational tools, products, procedures, training and staff development solutions, and internal controls for individual FINCA affiliates and the region as a whole. The ROC will also work with the affiliate management and other operational staff at the field level to asses needs, develop solutions, and to follow up on implementation. The ROC will serve as a liaison between training, operations, policy, control/compliance and HR functions. The ROC will ensure that lessons learned will be captured, made available to all other FINCA Africa affiliates, and replicated as appropriate. Travel to the affiliates will account for approximately 75% of the ROC‘s time. The ROC will closely cooperate with affiliate CEO and COO in an advising and technical support function, and will work with affiliate Management in the following areas: performance management, product development and improvement, operations policy and procedures, training and staff development, internal control. The ROC must be able to temporarily replace a CEO or COO position in a given affiliate, e.g. in case of a sudden vacancy, or in case of an affiliate crisis.
– Higher University degree in Business, Finance, Banking, Economics, Management, or equivalent work experience,
– Ideal candidates must have at least 5 years microfinance credit and financial operations experience preferably with international organizations working in developing countries; of which at least 3 years in middle management positions,
– Extensive operations experience and proven track record of meeting client needs,
– Practical experience with training programs and action based workshops for front line, middle management staff,
– Ability to analyze and evaluate staff performances, data and other resources to determine budgets courses of action,
– Ability to manage multiple projects within a dynamic environment with a high level of urgency without compromising productivity,
– Ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships both with top and lower level management within diverse organizational structure in order to facilitate feedback and enhance implementation,
– Ability to constantly solicit feedback from units and make necessary changes and adjustments,
– Demonstrated leadership, networking and negotiation skills,
– Ability to travel extensively (up to 75%) and work flexible hours,
– Fluent in English required, French an asset.
FINCA International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer