The Graduate School in Social, Economic and Political Sciences, University of Milan offers a three-year PhD Scholarships in the following areas:
- Ph.D. in Economic Sociology and Labour Studies – ESLS PhD – 12 Scholarships
- Ph.D. in Political Studies – POLS PhD – 15 Scholarships
- Ph.D. in Sociology and Methodology of Social Sciences – SMSR PhD – 10 Scholarships
PhD students will be admitted only with scholarships. The beginning of Teaching Activities is scheduled in January.
Scholarships (about Euros 10,000 per year) are available for EU and non-EU citizens.
Students are encouraged to spend one year abroad in prestigious European and North American universities.
Partner universities are Bergamo, Brescia, LIUC (Castellanza), Milano-Bicocca, in Italy, and Boston College (USA), Leicester (UK), Louvain (BE), Queen Mary, University of London (UK), York (UK), abroad.
Foreign students must hold an equivalent degree (e.g. BA with honours plus preferably a postgraduate degree).
A good command of English is required.
To apply for the PhD programs prospective applicant needs to prepare some documents. These are:
– a research project in English (max 2.500 words; only for the PhD in Sociology max 3.500 words);
– university career: Degree certificate in Italian or English with course examinations passed and final grade (self-certification for Italian citizen);
– abstract of graduation thesis (dissertation);
– curriculum vitae in European Format with a description of any professional and other qualification held by the applicant;
– other qualifications: any certification relative to any standardised tests for evaluating verbal, logical, quantitative, linguistic or other skills and competence such as GRE, TOEFL, IELTS, etc.);
– a list of publications (if applicable)
For more information and application materials: PhD Scholarships in Economics Italy