The New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarships(NZIDRS) offer a significant educational opportunity.
New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarships (NZIDRS) are open to all international students who meet the eligibility criteria.
NZIDRS scholarships include:
- Full tuition fees for three (3) years of full-time doctoral study
- Up to NZ$600 per annum health insurance allowance
- NZ$2000 (across 3 year tenure) travel allowance. This is intended to be used for conference attendance and field research
- NZ$800 (across 3 year tenure) book and thesis allowance
- NZ$500 One-off establishment allowance. Only to be paid to those students who are travelling to NZ specifically to take up the NZIDRS. No student already located in NZ is eligible to receive this amount
- NZ$18,000 per annum living allowance (NZ$1500 per month).
Prospective candidates are advised to start corresponding with academics in the relevant departments of New Zealand universities regarding the availability of appropriate supervision well in advance of submitting their application papers.
Evidence that supervision is available is required as a part of the NZIDRS application process.
Closing dates for applications: 15 July every year.
For more information or clarification about this scholarship contact the Scholarships Manager at: scholarships [at] educationnz.org.nz
For more information and application materials, contact: New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarships Website