The United Nations Office at Nairobi offers internships for undergraduate and graduate students who are currently enrolled in an university program.
Internship programs are for a minimum of three and a maximum of six months. Interns will be placed with various departments of UNEP, UN-HABITAT and UNON in Nairobi only.
The UN secretariat has two working languages, English and French. Interns in Nairobi are expected to be fluent in at least one of the two working languages.
The Applicant Must:
1. Be currently enrolled in a third or fourth year of under-graduate (BA/BSc.) or in a graduate (Masters) or post-graduate (Ph D) programme, and will continue to be enrolled during the period of the internship and after.
(NB: applicants pursuing their studies in countries where higher education is not divided into undergraduate and graduate stages should have completed at least three years of university studies)
2. Submit an endorsement from the Nominating/Sponsoring Institution. (see application form)
3. Be willing to intern on a full-time basis spending five days a week for a period of not less than THREE MONTHS and not exceeding SIX MONTHS.
4. Send a letter of endorsement from his/her educational institution, attesting to the fact that he/she is currently a registered student and will continue to be enrolled for the envisaged period of the internship.
A letter from any one of the following personnel is suggested:
- Dean of Students or dean of faculty
- Placement officer
Please ensure that an official letterhead or an official seal is used for the endorsement letter.
For more information and application forms, contact: United Nations Internship Programme