The Human Rights and Peace Centre (HURIPEC) of Makerere University, Uganda organizes the Eastern Africa Training School on Law, Human Rights and HIV /AIDS in Kampala, Uganda.
Funded by OSIEA, the two-week training school to build the capacity of African lawyers in the technical and judicial aspects of Law, Human Rights and HIV /AIDS and to introduce selected participants to the various medical, public health, political and social-cultural nuances that are at play in this growing area of jurisprudence.
The main objective of the program is to create a cadre of legal practitioners fully equipped with basic skills in Law, Human Rights and HIV / AIDS in order to promote greater policy attention, scholarship and activism.
Successful Participants will be given support for tuition fees, travel, accommodation, seminar materials and lunch/tea breaks during training.
Scholarship Application Eligibility Criteria:
- Recent law graduates (no more than five years working experience) with demonstrated interest in International Criminal Law.
- Participants from this programme will be from; Central African Republic, DRC Congo, Kenya, Liberia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Somaliland, South Africa, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda and Zimbabwe with working experience and/or professional experience relevant to the theme of Law, Human Rights and HIV / AIDS.
- A sound knowledge of English language is required.
Persons living with HIV/AIDS, civil society activists and women are highly encouraged to apply.
1. Interested applicants must obtain an Application Form by contacting ILI-ACLE via email: administration [at] ili.or.ug
2. Applicants must submit a completed application form, as well as the additional supplemental documents.
a. A cover letter
b. A detailed CV outlining the applicants post-secondary education and professional accomplishment
c. An essay (not more than 3 pages) demonstrating the following:
- The applicant’s interest in ICL
- The contribution of the programme to the applicant’s current responsibilities or future career path
- The applicant’s option of the greatest contributions and shortcomings of ICL.
Applications may be sent via email, post or fax to: The International Law Institute, African Centre for Legal Excellence, Plot 50, Windsor Crescent, Kololo, P.O BOX 23933, Kampala, Uganda. Tel: (+256) 414 347 523. Fax: (+256) 414 347 522. Email: administrator [at] ili.or.ug (Subject: ICL Programme)
For more information and scholarship applications, see: Fully Funded Short Course on Law, Human Rights and HIV /AIDS