ICARDA’s internship program is designed to provide practical experience in research and other areas of the Center’s activities for eligible applicants.
The subject should be of mutual interest to the intern and the hosting Program/Unit of ICARDA.
The internship will usually be for a period of one to six months, as per the need, and is not intended to lead to an advanced degree (M.Sc. or Ph.D.).
The practical experience provided during the internship would complement and strengthen the intern’s academic study and provide contacts in the professional spheres that s/he is likely to enter at later stages in preparation for an advanced degree.
On the other hand, the intern is expected to contribute to enhanced research efforts in the host Program/Unit of the Center by bringing in diversity and additional dynamism in the research team.
Internship Application Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
- A limited number of internships will be available every year for applicants from the Central and West Asia and North Africa (CWANA) region as well as from out side.
- Priority will be given to applicants from the region and those who are self-funded.
- Candidates must be able to work in a multi-cultural environment with research and support staff of different nationalities and cultural backgrounds.
- Their work will be within the ICARDA on-going research programs and activities and should not be part of or lead to any degree training.
- Fluency in English, some prior research experience, computing skills, and working knowledge of other languages (Arabic and French) would be advantageous. A selection committee would review all applications.
Applications for the internship program can be made all the year round.
Interested persons are invited to send a letter indicting field of interest and duration of internship; a detailed curriculum vitae; and the name, address, fax and e-mail contact information of two referees, one of whom should be the current advisor to the address below.
Include no graphics or other large file attachments while sending application by e-mail.
Head, Human Resources Development, ICARDA, P.O. Box 5466, Aleppo, Syria. Tel: (00963-21) 2213433, 2213477, 2225112. Fax: (00963-21) 2213490, 2225105, 5744622. E-mail: s.ahmed [at] CGIAR.ORG
For more information see; ICARDA Internship