The IDB Merit Scholarship Programme for High Technology (MSP) aims at developing technically qualified human resources in the IDB member countries by providing scholarships to promising and outstanding scholars and researchers to undertake advanced studies and research in the fields of applied science and technology needed for the development of the member countries.
The main objectives of this programme are:
- To develop technically qualified human resources in the IDB member countries;
- To enhance the scientific, technological and research capability/ and the potential of scholars and researchers in IDB member countries;
- To help meet the national needs for science and technology;
- To strengthen the scientific, technological and research capability of institutions.
The Scholarship Programme is for scholars from the member countries who are attached to their educational, scientific and technological institutions and research centres in their countries and are actively working in the scientific and technological development of their countries.
However, a very small percentage is also allocated for Muslim communities in non-Member Countries.
Applicants for the IDB Merit Scholarship Programme should:
- Be upto (i) 35 years of age for Ph.D study and (ii) 40 years of age for Post-Doctoral research;
- Have the required academic background in the related field of science/technology listed under the Programme;
- Have above average (“Very Good”) academic standing;
- Have work and/or research experience of not less than two (2) years for Ph.D study or five (5) years for Post-Doctoral research in the related field.
- Have a record of publications/research in the same field.
- Have a proposed field of study and/or research in one of the fields listed under the approved fields of study with its scientific and development relevance to the country being clearly demonstrated in a research proposal endorsed by the nominating institution.