Every year the International Energy Centre (IEC) offers scholarships to a small number of excellent candidates who are accepted into the IEC Master of Energy Studies. These scholarships are awarded to applicants who clearly demonstrate potential to become energy leaders for a low carbon world.
Scholarships- Who Can Apply
The scholarships are available to eligible applicants to study the IEC Master of Energy Studies program.
Please note that the scholarship is only available to study the IEC Master of Energy Studies. It is not available for the IEC Graduate Diploma/Certificate programs or for any other program offered by The University of Queensland or any other institutions.
Scholarship Entry Requirements
To apply for the scholarship, you must also apply for the MES program and meet the program entry requirements:
- An undergraduate degree from an internationally-recognised institution
- Three to five years practical experience in a related field is required
- English language skills as demonstrated by an officially recognised test of English language proficiency: UQ language requirements
Scholarship Selection Criteria
Typically, successful scholarship candidates will possess an excellent academic record and several years of relevant professional experience. The IEC selection panel will use the following selection criteria when assessing scholarship applications:
- Academic record: an excellent academic record and a likelihood of success in further study
- Professional record: relevant employment experience, achievements, membership of professional bodies and professional references
- Commitment to integrated and interdisciplinary approaches to energy studies
- Leadership qualities including collaboration and team work, flexibility, initiative, communication skills, integrity and vision through professional, educational, community and other achievement
- Potential outcomes: the likelihood of positive impacts on the individual and the energy sector from participating in the MES program
Scholarship application deadline – 31 August.
For more information, visit: IEC Xstrata Energy Leader Scholarships Australia