The Ford Foundation International Fellowships Programme (IFP) provides opportunities for advanced study to exceptional individuals who will use this education to become leaders in their respective fields, furthering development in their own countries and greater economic and social justice worldwide.
Ford Foundation International Fellowships Program (IFP) actively seeks candidates from social groups and communities that lack systematic access to higher education.
Is fully funded covering tuition, stipend, travel and insurance for the beneficiary.
Fellowship Application Eligibility Criteria:
- Be resident citizen or official resident of African states supported by Ford Foundation International Fellowships Program (IFP)(More information please follow the link at the bottom of this page).
- Hold an Honors Bachelor’s degree to apply for a Master’s fellowship and a Master’s degree for a Ph.D.
- Have demonstrated leadership skills and commitment to community service and/or national development.
- Have significant relevant professional or other work experience related to proposed field of study, of not less than three (3) years.
- Intend to pursue a post-graduate degree that will directly enhance his/ her leadership and professional knowledge in a practical, policy, academic or artistic discipline.
- Present a plan specifying how he/ she will apply studies to social problems in his/ her own country.
- Demonstrate commitment to return home to work on these issues in the post-fellowship period.
For more information and scholarship applications, see; International Fellowships Programme