The International Students Academic Merit Scholarship is open to new international students seeking a graduate or undergraduate degree.
The scholarship covers 50 percent of the total of in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees only. No additional fees or costs are covered.
The award is available for:
- Eight semesters for undergraduate recipients
- Five semesters for recipients seeking a Master’s degree, or commensurate with the length of the program.
- Eight semesters for doctoral students, or commensurate with the length of the program.
Scholarship can be applied to summer semesters.
Scholarship Application Eligibility Criteria:
- Be admitted to East Tennessee State University as full-time, degree-seeking students (undergraduate admissions, graduate admissions)
- Have or plan to have an F-1 or J-1 (student) visa
- Have a demonstrated record of academic achievement
- Fill out the scholarship application form.
Spring semester deadline: no later than October 1st.
For more information and application, see: International Students Academic Merit Scholarship