The OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) is pleased to announce its Scholarship Award to support undergraduate students from developing countries in pursuit of higher education.
Through its scholarship scheme, OFID aims to help highly motivated, highly driven individuals overcome one of the biggest challenges to their careers – the cost of advanced professional or graduate training.
The winner will receive a scholarship of up to $100,000, spread over a maximum of two years, toward the completion of a Master’s degree, or its equivalent, at an accredited educational institution, starting in the autumn of the academic year.
To be eligible the candidate must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Must be between the ages of 23-32 at the time of submitting his/her application.
- Must be a graduating student with a Baccalaureate from a four-year, accredited college/university, or its equivalent.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 rating system, or its equivalent.
- Must be matriculated at an accredited university for the upcoming academic year starting September, and must maintain full-time status for the duration of the Masters Degree.
- Must be a national of a developing country
- Must select a subject of study that pertains to OFID’s core mission, such as: economics of development (poverty reduction, energy and sustainable development), environment (desertification), or other related science and technology fields.
All materials,including the on-line application, letter of recommendation and other required documents must be emailed to scholarship[at]ofid.org
Since this is an annual scholarship, the deadline for submitting the application is normally on June 30th and December 28th
For further details and application materials, see: OPEC Fund Scholarship Award Website