The programme target group consists of mid-career professionals who are already in a government’s employment and who are nationals of and working in a developing country.
Fellowship Application Eligibility:
The fellowship programme is open to individuals working in a broad range of governmental organizations, ranging from educational institutions, research institutes and ministries.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Be a national of, and work in an organization located in pre-selected countries/regions
- Normally be no more than 40 years of age on the closing date of application
- Have preferably completed a Master degree, or equivalent, at the time of application, and a minimum of 3 years of work experience.
Candidates with a first degree and a minimum of five years work experience may also be considered.
- Fellowships are awarded for a period of three to six months
- Fellowships shall normally begin within six months after the award being offered
- Fellowship periods will be individually arranged to accommodate, to the extent possible, the particular needs of each fellow
- The award is a fixed, non-negotiable sum which is intended to cover living expenses at the UNFCCC secretariat in Bonn. In addition, the programme covers travel costs by the least costly route
- Each fellow must obtain medical clearance and also provide proof of health insurance with full international coverage before traveling to Germany. It is the responsibility of the fellow to arrange for insurance against risks occurring during the fellowship.
Deadline: 31st August each year.
For further details, see: UNFCCC Fellowship Programme Website