TWAS-USM Postgraduate Fellowships are tenable in the departments, institutions and laboratories of the Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM) for a period of up to three years for studies leading to a PhD degree in the natural sciences.
The academic year in Malaysia begins in December and the second semester in July of each year, following the year of application.
Candidates will enrol for their PhD at a USM department/laboratory and must observe USM’s academic calendar and be ready to start their fellowship on the first day of classes/courses.
USM will provide a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs, such as accommodation and food
The language of instruction is English.
Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- Be a maximum age of 35 years on 31 December of the application year.
- Be nationals of a developing country (other than Malaysia).
- Hold a Master’s degree in a field of natural sciences.
- Provide an official Acceptance Letter from a department, laboratory or institute at USM.
- Provide evidence of proficiency in English.
Deadline: 15th September each year.
For more information and application, visit: TWAS-USM Postgraduate Fellowship Programme Website