PhD fellowships are available in Italy for the following subject areas.
- PhD Programme in Translational Medicine
- PhD Programme in Agrobiosciences
- International Doctoral Programme in Agrobiodiversity
- PhD Programme in Politics, Human Rights and Sustainability
PhD Admission Requirements
- Applicants must hold a Master of Science (M.Sc.) or a Master of Arts (M.A.) degree or equivalent title;
- Should not be older than 35 years as at October 30; older than 35 may be exceptionally admitted by the Examination Committee;
- Must hold of an internationally acknowledged certificate specifying their intermediate level English knowledge,
PhD Scholarships and Grants
- Several fellowships are available in all the subjects above (amounting to € 14.500 per year + free meals at school’s canteen + Campus facilities).
- The School may also admit some eligible candidates without grants or other financial support.
PhD Scholarships in Italy – Application and Attachments
Candidates are requested to apply online by the deadlines indicated below.
Additionally scholarship applicants must attach as file (preferably in “pdf” format):
a) a copy of their passport;
b) a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (EU format);
c) a copy of their university Master Degree or equivalent. University degrees and study certificates must be translated into Italian or English (except those written in French, German, or Spanish)
d) a copy or the abstract of their Master Degree thesis in English, and a copy of any other publication that they deem suitable;
e) a detailed list of academic courses taken (written either in English, Italian, French, German, or Spanish). This list must contain information regarding credits and/or units (or the equivalent) and the mark and date of each course taken;
f) the certificates of knowledge of the English language (compulsory, as per article 2, paragraph 4) and any certificate related to this Call that they deem suitable;
g) a copy of the research project, of no more than 3,000 words, which describes the research activities that the applicants would like to perform during their PhD course. The research project will include:
– a title;
– the scientific premises and relevant bibliography;
– the aim and expected results of the research project;
– an explanation of the interdisciplinary character of the research;
– the experimental methods and data analysis methods which will be used, where required;
h) two reference letters written by faculty members who have supervised the applicant’s work during his/her university studies.
PhD Scholarships in Italy – Application Deadlines: Candidates are requested to apply online by October 30
For more information and application, see: PhD Scholarships in Italy