The Commonwealth Scholarship Fellowship Plan invites applications from citizens of Commonwealth countries to apply for two-year PhD degree programmes at the National University of Singapore, Singapore for the next academic session.
Level and Subject of Study
A two-year PhD degree programme in any subject offered by the university.
Commonwealth Scholarships in Singapore Eligibility Criteria
- Be citizens of any Commonwealth country except Singapore
- Hold a first degree of upper second class Honours standard (or above) in a discipline relevant to that in which study is proposed
Commonwealth Scholarship Amount Terms
- Monthly stipend of S$3,200 up to 4 years of the PhD studies, or up to date of graduation, whichever is earlier.
- Other allowances including
1. computer allowance
2. book allowance
3. conference allowance.
- Student must commit to PhD from the outset, cannot exit with MSc.
The terms for the NGS Scholarship are being reviewed. Please refer to NUS or NGS website regularly for updates.
Commonwealth Scholarship Eligibility
- All students from any Commonwealth countries and meet the NGS requirements are eligible to apply.
- Graduates with a passion for research.
- Graduates with at least 2nd Upper Honours, or equivalent qualifications.
- GRE is compulsory for students applying from overseas. Only strongly recommended for graduates from local institutions, e.g. NUS or NTU.
- TOEFL is compulsory (ONLY applicable for applicants whose native tongue or medium of undergraduate instruction is not in English).
Commonwealth Scholarships in Singapore Application Process
Applications should be submitted to national nominating agencies in the first instance.
Please complete the form (see links below) and submit it to your national nominating agency by the application deadline.
Successful candidates will be required to complete an application form for the proposed university of study in addition to their scholarship application.
Application Deadline: 15 May
For more scholarship information and application, visit: Commonwealth Scholarships in Singapore