The Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago offers Trinidad & Tobago Commonwealth Scholarships each year to students who are citizens of Commonwealth countries.
Scholarship Application Eligibility:
- Scholarships are open equally to men and women who are citizens of another Commonwealth country and who are normally resident in any part of the Commonwealth other than Trinidad and Tobago.
- Scholarships are available for postgraduate study in all areas of study (except medicine) offered at the University of the West Indies, St. Augustine.
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with at least lower second class honours from a recognized university for studies leading to the Master’s degree and a Master’s degree for studies leading to the Ph.D. degree.
- There is no age restriction. However, preference will be given to candidates who have obtained a university degree within the last five (5) years. for extension to a maximum period of one year.
- The continuance of each award from year to year will be conditional upon the satisfactory progress and conduct of the holder.
Length of Tenure:
– Taught Master’s: 12 to 18 months with no provision for extension
– MPhil: 2 years with provision for extension to a maximum of six months
Value: The awards cover the following expenses:
- Transportation by air from the nominating country to Trinidad and return for the scholar as arranged by the Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago
- Tuition and examination fees.
- Any other compulsory university fees excluding board and residence fees).
- A Personal Maintenance Allowance of TT.$3,000.00 per month to cover board and lodging, daily travel and personal expenses.
- Cost of approved travelling connected with the course of study in the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago to a maximum of TT.$2,000.00 per annum
- Book Allowance of TT.$2,000.00 per annum
- An allowance of TT.$2,500.00 to assist with thesis preparation.
Contact: Ministry of Public Administration and Information, Scholarships and Advanced Training Division, National Library Building, Corner Hart and Abercromby Streets, Port of Spain, Tel: 1-868-625-9965 Ext. 2020; 2031. Fax: 1-868-623-8636. Email enquiries: csfpout[at]acu.ac.uk
For further details, and application materials, contact: Trinidad & Tobago Commonwealth Scholarships