Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) is recruiting students and recent graduates with a strong background in software engineering and a keen interest in teaching and sharing their knowledge with talented graduates in Accra, Ghana.
On a daily basis, Teaching Fellows support Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) Trainees in developing their programming skills, technological understanding and entrepreneurial spirit.
Your qualifications should include:
- Programming proficiency in at least one of the following languages: Java, C++, C#, PHP
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming
- See “Our Program” for IT details
- Interest and/or passion for teaching
- Ability to work in a team
- Good verbal and written communication in English
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- 2 – 3 years of programming experience
- Tutor students one on one in programming fundamentals
- Grade and evaluate technical deliverables
- Prepare and deliver directed labs to support material in technical lectures
- Contribute to the design of project assignments
- Implement solutions for project assignments and develop API’s as needed
- Assist teams with writing technical design documents
- Prepare and deliver lectures on technical topics as needed
- Research options and assist project teams with technology selections
- Provide technical support on software development tools such as IDE’s, source control, bug tracking.
- $1000 (USD) monthly stipend
- Travel, Housing, Meals and Emergency Health Insurance provided by Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST).
This is a unique opportunity for you to be part of a team that will potentially develop Africa’s future technology generation!
Because of the challenges Teaching Fellows face in making a significant impact on Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) curriculum design, and their Trainees’ lives, the recruitment process is selective.
Although Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) program is selective, applicants do not compete against one another for a fixed number of positions.
Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) is focused on finding the right fit, and the right team dynamics.
They evaluate applicants against the characteristics listed above, and those who demonstrate strong evidence of those characteristics are successful.
Please send your cover letter and resume to the appropriate email address based on your country of residence.
For further details and application forms, see: Technical Teaching Fellowship in Africa Website