The World Forest Institute (WFI) Fellowship Program brings young forestry and forest products professionals from around the world to work at the World Forest Institute for 6 to 12 months.
The Fellowship Program offers participants many opportunities, such as:
- Conducting studies in the Pacific Northwest related to forestry
- Meeting with many different forestry organizations and corporations
- Building a network of forestry contacts; and
- Promoting the dissemination and exchange of information regarding global forest resources and their utilization
For consideration, Fellowship candidates should meet these minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the field of forestry, natural resources, or other related degree. Alternatively, candidates with at least four years of forest-related work experience may apply
- Proficiency in English, both written and spoken
- At least 21 years of age
- Initial research proposal on a topic relevant to forestry in the home country. The project should take advantage of forestry in the Pacific Northwest
- Ability of the Fellow to be self-motivated, to work independently towards a clear research goal or output, and to work with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
Deadline: Applications are accepted year round.
For further details and application guidelines, see: WFI International Fellowship Program