The Coimbra Group Scholarship Programme for young African researchers aims to enable scholars to undertake research for a short research period (generally 1 to maximum 3 months) in which they are engaged in their home institution, at a selected Coimbra Group university, and to help them establish academic and research contacts.
The following Coimbra Group universities are currently participating:
- University of Aarhus (Denmark)
- University of Barcelona (Spain)
- University of Coimbra (Portugal)
- University of Geneva (Switzerland)
- University of Göttingen (Germany)
- University of Granada (Spain)
- University of Groningen (The Netherlands)
- University of Leuven (Belgium)
- University of Padova (Italy)
- University of Siena (Italy)
- University of Thessaloniki (Greece)
- University of Turku (Finland)
Scholarship Application Eligibility Criteria:
The scheme is intended for young academics (normally those under the age of 45).
Applicants should be current staff members of a university or an equivalent higher education institution, and, in most cases, should be of postdoctoral or equivalent status.
Applicants must fill in the on-line application form and/or the paper application form and return it, together with the required documents to the Coimbra Group Office before 15 March every year.
Please make sure you enclose the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae with passport photo
- Copies of university diplomas
- Explanatory report of the work programme to be pursued in the recipient university (max. 1000 words)
- Two letters of reference (in sealed envelopes) from individuals familiar with the applicant’s work (please indicate also their name, profession and contact details)
- Document certifying the applicant’s affiliation to his/her university.
Candidates will be able to select one university only.
For more information and application: Coimbra Group, Egmontstraat 11, rue d’Egmont, 1000 Bruxelles. Belgium.
see website: Short Stay Scholarships for Young Africans