Each year, the Acumen Fund Fellows Program provides extraordinary young professionals with a unique opportunity to use their skills to effect real social change with the Acumen’s portfolio organizations in Kenya, Tanzania, South Africa, and to build lasting relationships with other like-minded individuals.
Fellows spend one year working with the Acumen’s team and with local entrepreneurs, gaining intensive experience in price performance, logistics, distribution systems, scaling and innovative technology.
Fellows will learn and apply these skills while enjoying an unusual level of responsibility both at Acumen Fund and within their portfolio organizations.
Becoming an acumen fund fellow
Acumen fund fellows include:
- individuals who have already decided on a career in social ventures
- individuals who seek a career at the highest levels in the corporate world but want to
- be connected to ventures that make a diference on the problems of poverty
- future entrepreneurs who want to learn about entrepreneurship in the most demanding setting
Acumen fund seeks individuals with graduate degrees or equivalent work experience, as well as:
- demonstrated ability to engage with and add value to an unfamiliar business
- passion for applying business skills to efect social change
- project management experience
- evidence of entrepreneurialism
- proven ability to adapt to different cultures or new environments
Contact: 76 ninth avenue, suite 315, new York, nY 10011. E-mail: info [at] acumenfund.org.
For more information and application materials, contact: Acumen Fund Fellows Program