Nike and Ashoka’s Changemakers are pleased to kick-off the “Changing Lives Through Football” competition, building on the success of two collaborative competitions that have helped surface the best ideas in the emerging field of sport for social change (the “Sport for a Better World” and “GameChangers: Change the Game for Women in Sport” competitions).
Whether through their partnerships in Africa that support communities that fight HIV/AIDS, or its “Stand Up Speak Up” campaign to empower sports fans to voice their opposition to racism, Nike has long recognized the power of football (“soccer” in the US) to affect real change.
Criteria and Prizes: The Changing Lives Through Football competition is open to all types of individuals and organizations (charitable organizations, private companies, or public entities) from all countries. We consider all entries that:
- Reflect the theme of the challenge: Changing Lives Through Football. The scope of the competition is to identify innovative solutions that use football to strengthen community, accelerate development and drive social change. Entries are invited from organizations and individuals in all countries.
- Indicate growth beyond the conceptual stage and have demonstrated impact and sustainability. While we support new ideas at every stage and encourage their entry, the judges are better able to evaluate programs that are beyond the conceptual stage and have demonstrated a proof of impact.
- Are submitted in English, Spanish, French, or Portuguese.
Share your solution for using football for social change. Submit your entry by the early entry deadline, April 28 and be eligible to win a digital camera. Enter before the competition deadline of June 11 and you may be one of six winners that are eligible to win a total of USD $90,000 in prizes
Revelation to Action: Your Place. Your Idea. Your Change
Green Mountain Coffee and Ashoka’s Changemakers have come together to find and help fund the most innovative ideas that strengthen and improve communities in Maine, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, Connecticut or Massachusetts.
Criteria and Prizes: The competition is open to all types of individuals and organizations that are operating in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island or New York. Individuals or organizations not from the region must have local operations or partners on the ground in these states.
- Reflect the theme of the competition: Revelation to Action: Your Place. Your Idea. Your Change.
- Demonstrate groundbreaking solutions that inspire others to help make their community a better place to live.
- Indicate growth beyond the stage of idea, concept, or research. At a minimum, entries should be at the demonstration stage and indicate success. While we support new ideas at every stage and encourage their entry, the judges are better able to evaluate programs that are beyond the conceptual stage, and have demonstrated a proof of impact, even at small scale.
- Are submitted in English.
Enter or nominate innovations from now until April 21. The best innovations will be awarded prizes totaling USD $50,000, and nominators are also eligible for prizes. Learn how to get involved. Access the entry form online or download the entry form in Word.